Arguably the biggest Catholic name in global contemporary Christian music, Matt Maher is an internationally acclaimed songwriter and worship leader. Born in Canada and now resident in Nashville, USA, Matt is excited about the opportunity to be with us here in NZ, both learning from us, and sharing with us his music and leadership.
- was in Sydney for World Youth Day 2008 attended by over 4000 young people from New Zealand.
- also in 2008, made his major recording label debut with the album Empty and Beautiful. Since then, Maher has become a staple in the artistic and song writing community;
- was awarded Songwriter of the Year at the 2015 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards, has been named iTunes Best Christian & Gospel Single and is an eight-time Grammy nominee;
- has penned songs recorded by Chris Tomlin, Crowder, Third Day, Matt Redman, Hillsong, Passion and Meredith Andrews, among others.
- continues to perform and speak globally, including leading 3 million people in the prayer vigil at World Youth Day 2013 in Rio de Janeiro with Pope Francis, and at the World Meeting of Families, marking Pope Francis’ first visit to the US in 2015. He performed at World Youth Day 2016 in Krakow and was a particular highlight for NZ attendees at that event;